Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year.

New Years Eve was truly a blast! Maryann came over and we sang, laughed and played every card game you can think of. We made lots of delicious food and just enjoyed each others company. But I really feel like New Years is more than just a great party. What does New years mean to me?

When I stop and think of the Holiday "New Years" it seems like a lame holiday. Especially after Christmas. Why does that day (Jan 1) have to be the one to mark the new year? After all a year is just another number. Why make such a big deal of ringing in the new year?

It is so much more than that, though. I really started thinking what the new year means to me and I actually had a lot of thoughts on it....For me, new years is a time for looking back at the past year and recognizing all my accomplishments, hardships, and things I am thankful for. To look into the future and establish goals for myself. Goals, which lead me in the right direction Also, a time to ask questions and really search my self . "Is my life heading where I want it to? Am I what God wants me to be? Has everything I done been for him? Do I live in the moment every moment?" New years is sort of like and examination of myself. I find it very spiritual for me. I sort embrace my faults with the refreshing thought of a new year a new start to better myself as a person. A new year to strive to unconditionally love my Savior, My family, my friends, and very importantly people I don't like. I feel exhilarated. A New year to live, laugh, sing, Dance, Have and make friends, Help, Grow, Make peace where it is needed, and most importantly to love....

I hope you all have an amazing New year filled with happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment